Friday, June 29, 2012

SAGADA CRYSTAL CAVE

Manung Leviz and Manang Michelle

Going down to Crystal Cave Entrance
After all the celebration and friends and family get together, I was insisting to my cousin and her family to visit Sagada to relax. One rainy afternoon, we decided to take off. We managed to catch the last trip going to Sagada and we arrived earlier than we expected even if it was raining. We went to our lodge and rested for the night. I had a hard time sleeping because I am so excited for tomorrow’s activity, Crystal Cave. During my first visit in Sagada and heard about Crystal Cave, I promised myself that I will be back for that and here I am.
Our guides preparing!
This is it!! The day that I’ve been waiting for, the day I been longing to see how hard and magnificent Crystal Cave is. I’m with my cousin and her husband and the two great guides of SAGGAS. At our way to the entrance, it was so muddy, slippery because it just rained. We even saw an eroded land. I’m nervous for my cousin because it was her first time to enter a cave. This was her first adventure and she made it!! I am so Proud of her!!! At last, we arrived at the entrance.  Our guide prepared rope and petromax for light. 

Manang Michelle at the entrance!
The Crystal Cave Entrance
Going down Crystal Cave
Crystal Cave Entrance
Trying to fit in the cave hole
Unlike the cave entrance I’ve tried and saw, this was the hardest. It was so steep and stones were covered with mud that makes it so slippery. We even should fit in the small cave holes and our guides told us that the first cave hole was the biggest and easiest to enter. Then we saw stalactites, it was really like crystal, so pure, sparkling white crystal hanging in the cave. Our guide told us to be quiet so that the stalactites will not fall because with loud noise it might fall, so we tried our best to be quiet. 




Crystal-like Stalactite
Crystal-like Stalactite
Going down to see more





Crystal-like Stalactite

Then we continued our trek going down, we saw more amazing and magnificent crystal-like stalactite.  We went up and down and saw small cave hole. For us to fit in, we should lie down and push ourselves towards the end. I wonder how we manage to fit in that cave hole but we made it. Then we should leave our slippers and we walked in the beautiful stone formation. In this part of the cave, my camera gave up and sadly, we were still in the first parts of the cave. It went out of battery, it was so disappointing  and I regret that I didn’t charged my camera because when I checked it, it was full and I am sure that it will last but it didn’t. I’m still lucky because we still have a waterproof camera but with no flash, so as innovative as we are, we used the petromax as a flash. 
crystal-like stalactite


more on Crystal Cave

more on Crystal Cave
more on Crystal Cave
last photo I captured with my camera
On our way out, we saw different stone formations, waterfall-like and so many more. We even passed knee level muddy hallway, as if we were on a mud spa house. It was gross but we don’t have any choice. We rappelled, climbed and tried our very best to fit on small cave hole. And then at last, we made it to Sumaguing Cave. We exited in the Pig pen stone formation and literally, we were like pigs, so muddy. We just washed ourselves in Sumaguing Cave. It took us almost 3-4hrs to finished spelunking. We survived!! Thank you again to our guide, who’s always been there to be our foot stool, human ladder, pulled us up and helped us to survive and safely got out of the cave.
John, President of SAGGAS, our Guide











Lester, Our Guide
 After a day, we noticed that we had so many bruised, scratched and our whole body hurt like hell, even for how many days now. But we don’t regret it, it was worth it!
my foot

my hand














This trip opened my eyes to other views of Sagada. A lot happened during our stay there, met a lot of people, knew more about this place. My last day was not that great and I can even say that it was my worst and crazy last day but I don’t regret it. At least, I can say that I enjoyed Sagada so much that I can't explain!!

Thank you guys for making it so memorable!!




-Louie Mae Vardeleon

No comments:

Post a Comment